Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo won’t work

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ericsomervell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the Arlo back in 2020 and it’s now end of 2023 and my device will not continue to work as it did for two years I’ve tried cutting off and on unplugging and replugging. It just flashes orange now and won’t work like it did. If I purchase another system at least I can add my old cameras to it. But how long before it flashes orange and won’t work?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is flashing amber - the base or the cameras? If the base, which LED is flashing - power, Internet or Camera? If the camera LED is flashing amber, is it very slow or rapid? Is it constant?

Ericsomervell
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo base that used to be blue, is now always flashing orange constantly and consistently. I’ll unplug power and internet, when I replug in it turns blue then almost instantly back to flashing orange. I haven’t had cameras in about 2 weeks. I charged cameras it says system offline one or more devices are not responding 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you may have a VMB4500 base - check the bottom of the base to be sure.  Here's an FAQ that describes the meaning of the LED behavior:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

Ericsomervell
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes that was the correct model, and the link indicates there is an internet problem but I have it hardwired from the modem and use internet often. Currently subscribed to gig speed. Shouldn’t be a problem and still works on and off. When I want to check the cameras it says my hub is offline and when I’m working I’ll get notifications motion out front from the tree blowing in the wind. I’m looking at it now since I’m home and it’s flashing orange while Netflix is playing. I’d like to arm my cameras when I go to bed like I used to. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ericsomervell wrote:

yes that was the correct model, and the link indicates there is an internet problem but I have it hardwired from the modem 

I suggest switching to another ethernet port on the gateway (assuming there is one), and also trying a different cable.

Also, look at your router's attached device list when the base is on-line, and locate the base there.  Then when the base goes offline, check that list again and see if the base still shows up there.