Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo warranty when buying from ebay or amazon sellers

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Angelov
Tutor
Tutor

I am considering purchasing the Arlo Pro setup with several cameras and there are quite a few places where I can buy the cameras. There is eBay, Amazon sellers, etc.. The price there is sometimes cheaper. Would my warranty be void if I have bought the item from a person( previous owner?) or from a seller with the item being brand new, factory sealed?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know if warranty carries over from previous owner.... but can say we've had some issues here with the previous owners failing to remove the base serial number from their account...the new owner can not register the base untill this is cleared ( Only netgear can clear the account )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Angelov
Tutor
Tutor

How about a brand new unit that someone just bought but never opened? Basically, what is required to submit a warranty ticket? Would I have problems with the warrnanty if I'm not the first buyer or if I bought from an individual and not an authorized seller ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on comments here, it appears that you need to purchase from an authorized dealer for warranty claims and you may need to provide a copy of the receipt to back it up.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Angelov,

What jguerdat mentions above is correct. For more information on your warranty, see here: Warranty Information

JamesC

Angelov
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC, so technically, even if I buy the item used( when the item was bought from an authorized retailer ) I will still NOT be able to use the warranty?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Correct. We advise purchasing directly from a NETGEAR authorized retailer and retain a copy of your original purchase receipt.

JamesC