Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Romagoe
Follower
Follower
I am extremely frustrated with Arlo’s support. Having had invested in 11 cameras for my indoor and outdoor use at my home, I have been having intermittent connection issues. I have had no changes to my WiFi setup nor have I added any additional equipment to my WiFi network.

I got referred to Arlo’s Polish support help desk, which cannot help me as they only speak Polish. The numbers they have given me to call English support don’t work and when I contact Arlo’s UK or US support lines, they keep me on hold and the. I am disconnected due to a ‘twxhnical’ error, ad the recoreddd message informs me.

I have eventually managed through a contact to raise a case ticket in Polish, I’m still awaiting feedback from Arlo.

Arlo, where is your after sales support? I have had friends ask me about Arlo but now I am extremely hesitating to recommend it to them.

I sincerely hope you address customer issues in a more professional manner. I’m awaiting resolution to my ongoing problem.

An unhappy client
6 REPLIES 6
vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am inclined to concur and share in your frustration.  Having invested over $750 and installing an Arlo Pro system all around my residence, at first I was so pleased at a super easy and efficient installation. So much, I spent another $250 expanding it and recommended it to a few other family members who have invested in them as well.  I also purchased an annual subscription of the Premiere Plan, which I would note includes as one of its features “Activity Zones” and it worked fine until the latest update.  Then it started.  Contacted support by phone and was told this was the first indication of the problem and I was asked to provide screenshots showing the missing “activity zones” function and it would be escalated to urgent support for review.  I hung up the phone, prepared the screenshots and immediately sent them to support and got an acknowledgment email with a case number.  I then get an email a week later which implied I had not responded and if nothing further was submitted within 3 days the case would be closed without further action.  In the interim, the issue they claimed they had not heard of exploded on this forum, and is well known of now.  I re-sent everything and have twice asked for a status of action taken on my email or at least confirmation of receipt of my reply to the last email saying the case would be closed without further action.  Of course, I have heard nothing further.  Very disappointed in the way this is being handled and the recent post from and employee on this forum on the topic “activity zones missing since latest update” which said, when we have something to tell you, we will let you know (paraphrased) was not really encouraging.  I can only hope the quality of technical support surpasses that of customer service and they get this debacle fixed SOONER RATHER THAN LATER.  If they had to issue refunds for plan degradation you can bet they would be fixing it instantly.  Fingers crossed - it’s been over a week now.  UGH!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Romagoe

I have reviewed your case &  I will contact you via private message with further information.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @vpasq

This issue is currently being looked into by the Engineering team. We will provide an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

ShayneS, I appreciate you taking the time to give me a response as a Moderator, but let me say for the record, Arlo Support should be ashamed that they choose NOT TO RESPOND TO AN EMAIL FROM A CUSTOMER, and a paying one at that!!!  I have sent three messages, received an automated reply promising a response, yet NEVER GETTING A RESPONSE, only an incorrect email saying I didn’t submit information requested which I did, not once, but twice!!! 

I realize the “Engineering Team” needs to work on a fix to a problem they obviously created, but the Customer Support Team should work with the customer at the same time, and that includes communication!  This problem is obviously alarming (no pun intended) exacerbated by the fact it is something we pay for, lost and rely on heavily - that’s why we chose to pay for it to begin with. (At least in my case). It’s been almost two weeks and nothing has changed, nothing has been updated, and nothing has been shared with the community other than “the Engineering Team is working on it” only by you. Arlo should do much better.  Many of us have made a substantial investment in the products, I for one until now have been completely satisfied and the immediate effect of the latest update if not corrected with some urgency, will make me question whether I renew my annual premiere plan (which has abrogated promises within) given that I am not getting the promised features and level of support I am paying for, and if I do that, I will have to find an alternative product that will give me the features I need, that were otherwise available from Arlo.  That is why I chose your brand. I am not the only one on this community forum extremely upset over the handling of the mistakes of this latest update, and FIXING THE PROBLEM SOONER RATHER THAN LATER IS A MUST.  If it worked before and you did something to eliminate it, it would seem real easy to walk back your steps and find the problem. Alternatively, roll us back to the Version that worked until you can debug the update - sure makes sense to me, how about you?  Again, thanks for at least replying - that’s more than Arlo support did.

vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

FINALLY FIXED!  Just downloaded the updated iOS app and Activity Zones are back, so now I can smile again!  

mountainhigh
Tutor
Tutor

Support?

What support?