Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo subscription options show up blank with no option to purchase anything

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
mmarubio6
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo customer service will not let me contact them because I don't have a subscription. I can't get a subscription because when I go to purchase one there are no options available to purchase anything. My only option to contact them is through the chat and the chat won't help me because I don't have a subscription. How am I supposed to purchase a subscription if I can't get the help I need? I have opened up a case and I have gone back and forth with them for over 3 weeks. I have emailed customer service and it has been 2 weeks since they have responded. How in the world am I supposed to get the help I need?
22 REPLIES 22
dcfox1
Master
Master

Do you live in a county that a subscription is available? The list is on this page.

Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

mmarubio6
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, we've had Arlo service for three years already with our home security company but they're not providing that service anymore so I've been trying to purchase the service directly through Arlo. I live in the U.S. so this shouldn't be a problem. The problem is on their end. I've synced my base and camera multiple times and they still say it's not showing I have a camera on their end. They promised to resolve the issue but still no contact for over two weeks.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you tried it on the web portal rather than the App. 

mmarubio6
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I was told to not use the app and to use my computer instead and it still shows up blank. I have literally tried everything they have told me to do with no success whatsoever. What I'm most frustrated about is they've taken away the option to talk to someone over the phone. I feel like if I could work with someone on the phone and walk through the issues and troubleshoot from there instead of having to wait a day in between answers to try something I've already tried three times before because it appears their customer service reps do not log comments about what has already been tried, instead I get responses to try the same things they've already had me try to do over and over again. Now it's been two weeks and they haven't gotten back to me. To be honest, I feel like they are choosing to ignore me hoping I'll go away and they won't have to deal with the issue. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you tried tried the arlo site with the web browser? See link below.

my.arlo.com is their web portal for the cameras. If you don’t have a camera in the account you can’t access the subscription plans via the app, similar if you’re using a iOS device.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html
mmarubio6
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I've tried the site with different web browsers to see if that would be of any help, and still the same issues. The problem from talking with them is, I have synced my base and camera on my end and it shows they are both synced in the app. However, on Arlo's end it doesn't show that a camera is synced. There lies the issue which is why I can't purchase a subscription because on their end it shows no camera. They have tried to figure it out with no luck as of yet. My bigger frustration is the lack of them getting back with me. It's been over two weeks now with no response. They told me instead of replying to the ticket number they gave me for customer service to email them directly because I had several files to upload of screenshots of the issues I've been having. I did that and still no response. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Maybe PM a moderator here like JessicaP, ShayneS or JamesC to follow up on the ticket status so it can be escalated.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be fastest to remove all devices from your current account and create a new account using a second email address. Then  add all devices into the new account and see if you can get a sub then. If you do this, be sure to note all settings, modes, rules, etc. to speed the rebuild.

mmarubio6
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I have done that too. I signed up with a different email address and changed to that address and still having the same issues. I have also emailed customer service multiple times and get the email kicked back because it says their inbox is full and try again later. It sounds to me like they have a staffing issue and can't deal with the issues they currently have from customers. Maybe they leave it full so they don't have to connect with customers like me. I'm not sure but it's super frustrating. I've literally tried absolutely everything they have told me to try and everything everybody has written in their comments on the community page with NO success. 

mmarubio6
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not quite sure how to go about sending them a message. Can you tell me where on this community site I can go about doing that? At this point, I'm not holding my breath as to anyone responding to me because I have had so many issues with nobody responding. Even the emails I send to customer service are kicked back saying their inbox is full and try to send again later. It's really frustrating.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have a case number from your previous support conversations, you could potentially post it here, and ask @JamesC to escalate it.

mmarubio6
Tutor
Tutor

Through conversations on the Arlo community page, it was suggested I list the last case number I had with customer service and tag you, @JamesC  to see if you can escalate my case. This case was closed because they said I didn't respond but in the last correspondence, it listed a number of attachments to send them and referred me to send it by email instead of through the online portal because it was more than one attachment. I did exactly that and was awaiting a reply, which I never received. I have sent several more emails to the customer service email which has kicked back to me saying the inbox is full and the messages were not received and to try again later. Can you assist me at all? Can you find the original email I sent to customer service with all the attachments I sent for their review to rectify my issue? I've got to say it is a little concerning the customer service email inbox is full because either there are a whole lot of people who are having issues or that department is highly understaffed to address the issues at hand. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

mmarubio6
Tutor
Tutor
I am not shocked at all that it has been 10 days since I posted per suggestion to one of the moderators to help with my situation. It's the same lack of response I've gotten from customer service. I can't get help through chat because if I don't have service, they can't help me. I can't get service because there's an issue preventing me from purchasing service. I can't get help through their customer service email because they're inbox is full and it gets kicked back to me. It was recommended I reach out to the ARLO Community and have already tried every suggestion with no resolution. This is so frustrating.
Dannybear
Master
Master
The community forum is a place where customers can seek help from other customers who may have similar issues. It is moderated by the arlo company with some arlo employees chiming in from time to time during the week.

Arlo has now limited its support to subscription customers only given the difficulty of the pandemic etc.

I don’t support this approach given the initial cost outlays when purchasing their products along with the recurring subscription fee for basic features previously enjoyed by the earlier (pre 2018) model equipment.

Regards your issue were you able to locate the PM method on the forum, look for the envelope icon at top of the page when to login.
What phone model are you using for the app as the iOS version will not let you access the subscription settings.
mmarubio6
Tutor
Tutor

No, I have not tried the envelope option to send a message. I will try to contact James through that avenue in case he didn't see my other message when I tagged him in it. Thanks for the idea. I do not own an iPhone and use an Android. I was told I couldn't access the subscription through the phone anyway and have been trying by using my desktop PC to no avail. Still, when I get to the subscription page it shows up blank with no options to choose from to sign up for a subscription. I would have thought they would want to keep a customer and found a way for me to sign up for another subscription, but nothing so far. I think my next step might be to call their corporate offices in California as I've exhausted all other avenues of getting my problem resolved. It's beyond frustrating. This has been going on for months with no resolution. 

wtroy26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I'm having the same problem it will let me subscribe to a plan but when I leave and go look at something else on the page and come back to the subscription page it's asking me to subscribe again. I have been having the same problem for over a month.

AmeliaKarat719
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve been going through the same thing my page comes up as error and says the owner of the page has put restrictions on the site. It is beyond frustrating there has been no help what so ever. I’ve been wondering if they’ve been hacked and won’t let us know. Very disappointed with this company.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AmeliaKarat719,

Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

JamesC

Gunnodayak
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also don't have the option to subscribe to the plan, although I have six Arlo Pro 4 cameras while living in an eligible country.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@Gunnodayak,

Are you using the arlo iOS app, can’t be done, you have to use the web portal in pc browser.

https://kb.arlo.com/000056588/How-do-I-subscribe-to-Arlo-Secure
Gunnodayak
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I've just found a few minutes ago from the Live chat Alro support that the problem it seems to be that I was using a VPN when I've registered my account. The only option is to close my account, create another one and then re-register my cameras. Horrible customer support, Arlo doesn't deserve any more of my money if they are not able to just unlink that Serbian IP from my account and link my real one (from Romania).

mmarubio6
Tutor
Tutor

My issue ended up getting resolved with them having to send me new equipment and having to create a brand new email address to use because somehow the email address I has originally signed up with through a third party was causing issues.