Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo smart camera stopped sending push notifications

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo smart was free for one of my Arlo Pro cameras. It worked for a while and then the camera stopped sending push notifications. It still sends email notifications and my other 3 Arlo Pro cameras without arlo smart still send push and email notifications. I tried to contact tech support and they said I should remove arlo smart. But we cannot figure out how. There is no way to do it. I have tried deleting and then adding the camera again but it’s still there. Is there any way to get rid of arlo smart on this one camera so I can get push notifications working again for it ? My only other option is to return the camera. I have an extended warranty plan so I can do that but it just seems strange that we cannot just remove arlo smart. Or is arlo smart going to be fixed anytime soon and should we just keep the camera and wait until arlo smart works again. When arlo smart is up and running again will push notifications work again for the camera ? Anyone know about this ? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There does seem to be an issue with Arlo Smart expiring and notifications ceasing. A different camera (swap at the store or by RMA from an open case with support here) currently seems to be the only solution. We've been told they're working on it but no resolution yet.