Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro wireless can not add new device to my phone app

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ryetyler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I can not add new device to my phone app also the camera will not syn with the base station.

Both lights are green but the internet one blinks now and again.

any suggestions?

Ryan  

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What's happening? You press the sync button on the base station and the camera LED should start blinking green. You press the sync button on the camera and the front blue LED should slowly blink until it connects at which point it will blink quickly. If you never see the blue LED blink quickly, it may be due to interference. Make sure the camera is relatively close to the base station. Check for possible wifi intereference eg your 2.4GHz wifi network

ryetyler
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camaras are connected to the base station now. My phone can't find the base station so I can see the camaras. Any ideas?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How do you know the cameras are connected to the base if you can't see anythinng in your app?  We need a lot more details.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sounds like you sync'd the cameras before you claimed your base station. You may need to a do a factory reset.

Hold the reset button on the back in with a paper clip etc until the power LED goes amber. Wait until it restarts and the power LED goes green and the internet LED goes green. The camera LED will be off.
Then go into the app and Add Device and add the base station
Only then should you go through the camera sync'ing process

zeuolaxxx
Aspirant
Aspirant
Steve,

I have the same issue here where my app cannot detect the base station.

The LED are all green however I sync'd the cameras before I claimed my base station, is this could affect to detect the base station on the app?

Another important question:

1. In order to discover the base station, do I need to open the port 80 and 443?

2. If the base station power the internet LED in green, does it means that is connected and the ports are open?

3. When I try to test my port 80 or 443 on doyouseeme.org, it says like "connection refused". I currently have a Huawei HG8245 provided by Claro.

Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It does help to follow the directions, claiming the base before syncing the cameras. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and then claim the base. THEN sync the cameras.

ryetyler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

My base station won't reset, the lights stay green. The only time they turn Amber is when I turn the base station off and back on. There doesn't seem to be much support from Arlo on all these issues what people seem to have.
Do they have a contact number??
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It can take up to 10 seconds of holding the reset button in before the power LED changes from green to amber

For support, go to the bottom of the page here and click "Contact Support"