Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Shugs
Initiate
Initiate

Motion sensors continue to stay orange long after motion has stopped on all four cameras. How can they be reset so the icon turns black and will allow notifications and recording?  Cameras are located in four different locations. One in garage, covered entry and covered patio.   They detected motion and sent alerts and recordings. However,they have not reset, like they are still sensing motion. As long as the icons are orange, the cameras will not alert to new motion. Noticed in garage the camera turned on IR when I passed in front, but it didn't send an alert because the icon is orange. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UW_Dave
Tutor
Tutor

Power cycle of the base station fixed my problem.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try clearing the cache in whatever app/browser you're using. I had the problem like this once that a cache clearing fixed.
blackhorse16a
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same thing and I'm using the app, not a browser. I have the latest version of the app. Still, the little man icon stays orange.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try clearing the app cache or reinstall the app which will do the same thing.  Any luck?

blackhorse16a
Tutor
Tutor

I have had this in operation for about a month and have re-installed the app numerous times. There are clearly issues on the Netgear side of this.

I like the system when it works, but getting really sick of asll the software problems. 

At least Netgear should own this instead of telling their customers only to "try this" and "try that" like it's their fault.

G2012
Initiate
Initiate

Had the same problem for both my cameras.  I had to reset my base station to resolve.  Been a couple of weeks and the problem has not returned

Geozeke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm dealing with this too.  Thanks for the tip!  Can you tell me: (1) Was this a hard (factory) reset? and (2) Did you have to re-sync your cameras after the reset, or did the basestation find them again on its own?

G2012
Initiate
Initiate
Pushed the reset button in the back of the base station. And yes the base station did find the cameras, however, I did remove them and and re-pair them after I did the reset
benzguy
Guide
Guide

I have found that if you press 'live' on the camera and then the pause icon, the motion sensor will rearm(reset).  I would expect it to automatically rearm after some period of time, but it doesn't seem to do so.

benzguy
Guide
Guide

Update to my previous post on this thread:

For some unknown reason, my motion alerts started rearming automatically last night!  This is the way I would expect the system to work!

UW_Dave
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same problem... very frustrating on a brand new system that cost several hundred dollars.

1) Each camera will record 1 event fine.

2) The motion "running man" then turn orange and stays orange forever

3) While orange, the camera will not detect any more motion events

4) I press the "Live" button on my phone app and then pause the live view

5) The motion "running man" then turns black and will record 1 motion event

5) Repeat #2-5 over and over again.

Very annoyed.

Shugs
Initiate
Initiate
Dave, we have found if you turn off the power button on base station, unplug base station from AC, then plug base station back into AC and turn it back on, it seems to reset the problem.
We found that if you turn a camera on (from app) while it is Detecting Motion, it will cause this problem. So if we turn a camera off then back on, we make sure no one is in motion field.
UW_Dave
Tutor
Tutor

Power cycle of the base station fixed my problem.