Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro offline after wifi reboot

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kperry5
Follower
Follower

Our neighborhood has had some internet issues the last couple of days. Every time the internet goes down and the wifi reboots, Arlo disconnects. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to manually turn it off and on, using button on the back of the base station. This is concerning. Because if I'm away from home and the internet goes down, I would have to physically be present to cycle the Arlo basetation off/on.

(Sorry if this is a duplicate. Not sure if the original posted.)

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I may have replied to you in another thread but here's a suggestion:

Use a UPS to keep your modem, router and base powered at all times to fly through power outages.  As a second level of protection, use a WiFi switch such as a WeMo between the UPS (or other power plug) and the base so you can remotely power cycle the base,

Arlohelp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey everyone,

I was reading the post on the netgear forum for a while and i had two times that my base and arlo equipment was offline. Twice it happend when i was on holiday!:(

I read your post about wemo switch but i wanted to ask if a power on and off of the base will be enough to reboot? Does the button on top also need to be pushed to reboot also? If so than a wemo switch doesn’t look the best solution.

If it is can you tell me please?

Also i was thinking about a digital switch to put of my router and arlo pro base once a week. Will this fix the problem?

Power issues is not my concern.

Please can someone give me a concrete answer so i can find a solution for this problem:(

Thank you in advance
Arlohelp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Btw: i have a Arlo pro 2 base!:)

I was also thinking if someone could to the test to just plug and unplug the basestation after wifi dropping if it connects back again ofter a offline base?
I would love to do the test but i am not home!:(