Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mistermog
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having some trouble here. With the arlo pro at 100% sensitivity the camera doesn't record until people or cars are all the way up the driveway already. In the case of the car someone had time to drive in park and get out and it picked them up when they were right about where the FedEx guy here is.

The camera is about 12 ft up, as far over to the side as I can make it.

Test mode seems to work way better, so I wonder if this is a lag issue? I have 2 bars on signal strength, can't get it any better.

Ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The PIR for people on the Pro is a max of 25 feet.... it will detect cars at a longer distance as they are higher reflective of IR.

Your best setup is to use the camera in an area NOT much larger the the PIR ( 15-18 max )can detect people .... also if the travel path is across the FOV, the detection is better than straight on

Last, 12 ft up may or may not be an issue, 8ft seem to work better and with people if to high you may only see tops of heads.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mistermog
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmm Im not sure this will work for me, putting them on the other side of the driveway doesn't pick up any sooner.

I did notice something though. Both spots there are 1/2 bars on signal strength, the one camera at 3 bars picks up right away it seems. (Just found this out) could that be a delay not a range issue then?