Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jenng
Follower
Follower

I just purchased the arlo probbase and 3 cameras. All seemed to sync properly and start working. However, now my internet wireless connection keeps dropping. It's only been since the system is hooked into the wifi router, which is also a netgear. This is now affecting any wireless devises in my home. I even turned off every other phone, tablet , computer- anything that could interfere with the wifi. Why would this be happening and how can I fix it! If I'm losing wifi after hooking in this system I'm not too confident that the system will work properly and be reliable.
Also, the batteries are not at 100%, and one was only at 36% right out of the box. So I'm not sure this was the way to go.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

That's strange. Have you tried manually assigning a channel to your router? Have you tried moving the base station a little further away from the router? Are none of your other devices on a 5GHz 11ac channel?
Make sure you charge all of your cameras before use

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

How many wireless devices do you have connected at once? And is it a N router or just an a/b/g router? And is it a dual channel router or single?  I ask because some routers have a limit on how many devices can connect at once and if you exceed the limit it just knocks others offline to make room for the new device or doesn't allow the new one to connect.

Also are you assigning IP addresses to your devices like computers, wifi lights (if you have them), in the router so the same device always uses the same IP? If not you might want to do that. I had issues in the past where my wi-fi lights would go offline, the router would then assign it's IP to another device, and then when the light cam back it tried to use the same IP it had before, but another device was now using it so it couldn't connect. Once I assigned static IP to most of my devices the issue went away.