Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MachineElve
Guide
Guide
I want to get some skins for my Arlo Pro cameras and read in a review that somebody experienced losing one bar of signal after placing a skin on.
There are only a couple of companies making skins. I'm wondering what the best skins are that won't affect quality of signal from camera to base.
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I use a Netgear skin on a Pro and a regular Arlo.... I have not seen any signal issues or weaken with the install of same.

They are not that thick but , IMO, work well.  I was a lot easier than painting one Arlo like I did. 🙂

Also if you are interested in a pattern/color Netgear doesn't have, there are also camo stick on material from sporting good stores

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Silicone skins won't affect signal in any way any more than the plastic case on the camera would.
MachineElve
Guide
Guide
I did think of putting on some type of sticker/bandaid and color it to desire, but I want my white expensive cameras to also have some type of shock absorber and some protection while their not mounted.
I've yet to put up the mounts and haven't evan taken off the factory sticker of the lenses yet. I plan on doing that once I order some skins and getting them up in the air. Thank you for your response.
P.S. I just got my Arlo 3 days ago. I like it so far