Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro my notification badge is not showing up

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bfmed61
Guide
Guide

Ever since the recent August 7th update, my notification badge is not showing up. I have a Galaxy S9. Whenever an alarm or notification is triggered, my phone quickly vibrates but then stops as if it is being blocked. I hear no sound and I don't see any type of pop-up notification. All of my notifications are turned on on Arlo settings as well as my phone. All my other apps are being sent to me properly and Arlo is the only one that does not seem to work. I have tried contacting support and they are absolutely worthless! You stay on hold waiting for hours or if you email them, they never respond. Support staff is absolutely worthless and I'm hoping somebody here might have the same problem and hopefully a solution. Thanks a lot Arlo for stealing my money and not even being willing to help

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't tell us much about what you've tried. Have you restarted the phone and reinstalled the app as well as checking the phone's permissions for the app?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I assume Android 8 (oreo) on your S9 (I have that on my S8). Check........ android settings, notifications, arlo, make sure everything is turned on.

Then, android settings, apps, arlo, make sure it says notifications allowed.

Also, if you use "do not disturb", make sure you put in a exception for arlo.

In the arlo app, settings, notifications, make sure you have a notification tone selected. Also make sure push notifications is turned on in your mode rules.

bfmed61
Guide
Guide
Yup...tried aaallllllll that b4 posting the issue...still not receiving notification badges or sound..
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

What version of Android?

What version of Samsung Experience?

What version of the Arlo app?

What version of base firmware do you have?

bfmed61
Guide
Guide
All latest versions
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If you have the latest versions that would mean you have Android 9 Pie. My guess is the Arlo app hasn't been tested on Pie yet since it just came out an only a couple of phones have it. When phones were updated from Android 7 to 8, the way notifications were handled in the OS changed and we had issue with the Arlo app notifications. If I remember correctly an app update straighten things out. Maybe your experiencing something similiar since you have android 9. If something like this is your issue, eventually, an app update for android 9 compatability will have to come out.

bfmed61
Guide
Guide

yes I've done all that. I actually did a factory reset on my phone and it was fine for a couple of weeks and now it's back to doing the same. I have a Galaxy S9 and it just seems as if nobody knows what is going on. Arlo is completely worthless and so are the people at Verizon. Somebody has to have a solution to this nonsense

bfmed61
Guide
Guide
Tried all that and not working..are you just posting information or have you solve this problem on your phone? Please don't post things if you don't have an actual solution