Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro motion detection problem

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kranberry8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read many posts, gone through troubleshooting and it is not a distance issue.  I have set up 2 cameras, one camera works beautifully, it detects motion no problems, and doing a motion detection test works fine.  I have it set to 70% and it works great.

The other camera, I can set to 100% and I can run around the entire frame of view, from 1 ft to 20 ft and it never goes off.  Sound detection works fine, but not one motion detect.  It has the entire driveway (on the porch) in view (2 car length) and some of the street (no sidewalk).  I run up and down my driveway jumping up and down, run on my lawn, the street, drive my car up and down the driveway, nothing works.  Is it a bad camera? About to return this product or at least hope for an exchange.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kranberry8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep.  Neighbours were looking at me.  Smiley Very Happy

Did a whole lot more testing last night.  Swapped cameras, had both cameras side by side, factory reset base, everything.  As I suspected from the beginning the camera's motion detect is bad.  Nothing works.  100% detection and nothing makes the led go off.  1 inch to 20 feet.  NADA.  Exchanged it and up in 5 minutes, I should have done that from the start.  The camera acted a little funny even before I finished setting it up.

Thanks for all the advice.  Now the next step is tweaking the view and settings.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked to make sure the camera is Armed?

Go to modes, and use the ARMED command. Now go to LIVE View.

Check over the cameras and confirm that the " runningman " is BLACK.

If the running man is gray the camera will not detect motion...the mode is set incorrectly or has been changed.

If the running is black but still doesn't detect motion...the reset the camera by pulling replacing batteries the reinstall.

If still NG, then contact Netgear Support or exchange as mentioned

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Kranberry8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes running man is black and armed is on, have tried removing battery (how long do I keep it out?  I kept it out for around 5 seconds) and replacing battery.  Still no motion detection.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Only thing left i can think of is to REMOVE DEVICE from settings and then bring the camera back as new...

Also reboot the base via the power button just in case.

It is possible it may be a hardware issue

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras to help prove whether it's a bad camera.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Your neighbors must think you're nuts.....watching you do all those crazy things!

I know mine did......when I first got my Arlo, they thought I had lost my mind.... as they watched me repeatedly go up, down and around my driveway. Explaining it to them didn't help much! 😄

Kranberry8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep.  Neighbours were looking at me.  Smiley Very Happy

Did a whole lot more testing last night.  Swapped cameras, had both cameras side by side, factory reset base, everything.  As I suspected from the beginning the camera's motion detect is bad.  Nothing works.  100% detection and nothing makes the led go off.  1 inch to 20 feet.  NADA.  Exchanged it and up in 5 minutes, I should have done that from the start.  The camera acted a little funny even before I finished setting it up.

Thanks for all the advice.  Now the next step is tweaking the view and settings.