Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro issues recording on 2 different cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
zailsingh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Experts,

I have two Arlo Pro cameras installed since last 6 months and were working fince unti the latest camera upgrade that seems to have broken the two cameras in different form.

The outdoor camera is not recording any movement whatsoever.

The indoor camera is recording false movement alerts and when I see the recording there was no movement hence battery drainage.

Is anyone else facing similar issue since the camera software was upgraded. What should I do now, reset the camera and base or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A solid amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. That happens because you reset the base.  The best way to reset and avoid problems is to simply remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh, using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras. When removing the base from Settings, the base will reset itself - use of the reset button is really only needed if there's no connection from the base to the app/browser. You can tell if the base is resetting by observing the LEDs on the base - if they don't start the rebooting sequence, the reset button should be used.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verify that all your various devices have the latest firmware by comparing to what's posted in the Release Notes section here. Update as needed. A quick thing to try is to remove the caamera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

zailsingh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks but after hard resetting thie base and removIng both camera from app, the third led of the base (camera led) is amber solid. When i try to sync the camera, it blinks green and after some time turns solid amber.

Reading manual, there is no explained state for the camera led on base to be amber. So basically i cant sync. Any help?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A solid amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. That happens because you reset the base.  The best way to reset and avoid problems is to simply remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh, using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras. When removing the base from Settings, the base will reset itself - use of the reset button is really only needed if there's no connection from the base to the app/browser. You can tell if the base is resetting by observing the LEDs on the base - if they don't start the rebooting sequence, the reset button should be used.

zailsingh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Problem solved now