Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pennyonthego18
Aspirant
Aspirant

front camer fails to indicate motion. shows that is on when checked on our phones and when we go live. the back camer is working just fine. we have had the system for about six months and everything was working very well.

we have cheked the settings and all the same for back and front.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pennyonthego18,

Are you using the default "Armed" mode or a custom mode? Is the issue intermittent or does the front camera never detect motion?

JamesC

Pennyonthego18
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are using the Armed mode. The camera does not detect motion or record at any time but the camera in the back is working properly. The camera in the front had been working properly for 6 months since we first installed it. 

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you live view and record manually? Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. Swap cameras to see if the issue follows the camera or the location.

Pennyonthego18
Aspirant
Aspirant

we switched camers, we reseng. them, and turned everything off and restarted the system and nothing helped the promblem. we have diecided that the camer is broke and all thoe we still get a feed it will not indicate motion for some reson. i guess we will have to invest in a different system. one we can count on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have a warranty - use it. Open a case with support here.

I wish I had the money to be able to throw out a system because one thing quit.