Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro connection timed out

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shinto904
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone found a fix to the constant disconnects that are associated with the wire free Arlo Pro? Here lately, when I try to log into the camera it contstantly says the connection timed out, however I have ran internet tests and there is nothing wrong with my internet. Also, the camera pauses the sound when recording, which also happens quite frequently. It's rather annoying after reviews stating the camera is a decent camera, when all I've really experienced is connection issues with the camera.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shinto904,

This could be occurring due to poor connection between the base station and cameras. Do you see this behavior on all of your cameras or is it happening for a specific camera? Consider relocating (temporarily) your base station and/or cameras closer together, avoiding physical obstacles and other WiFi devices as much as possible, and test again to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

Shinto904
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has nothing to do with poor connection. The base station is in the same place when I originally purchased the camera and I had no issues with the connection for over two months until recently. All of my electronic devices function fine with the exception of the Arlo. The connection is the highest priced connection package that I could purchase from my ISP. It's odd that every electronic device has no connection issues, and the Arlo had no connection issues, with the exception of the past month or so and now it's continuous.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're transmitting video (upload) which has different requirements. That doesn't necessarily mean that's your problem but automatically discounting it is a disservice. 

Shinto904
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base station is 15 feet away from the actual camera...Are you telling me that I'm having connection issues between the base station and the camera itself from 15 feet away, with no obstructions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And just what does the 2.4GHz environment look like? Lots of things use that frequency band and can lead to interference. It's not all WiFi.