Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro cameras not charging

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Happypig
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 4 Arlo pro cameras. I use the original charger and original cable to charge them. But they don't charge at all -- during charging, the icon is not the battery icon, but an electric plug icon with two prongs pointing up. No matter how many hours I charge each one, I don't get the fully charged blue LED.

The moment I disconnect the charging, the camera becomes offline, as if the battery is zero charge.

I tried taking out the battery and reinserting it multiple times. I tried charging and disconnecting charging multiple times. Nothing worked.

Are the batteries just gone? If I get new batteries, would it work again?

Thank you 💗
3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
There is an article on recovering dead batteries.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

If the batteries are completely dead you will likely need to buy new ones. Maybe buy a single battery first to prove that the cameras are not in lockout charge mode.
Happypig
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I tried what the article said three times and it didn't work. How many repetitions does it take?
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have never had to do this process myself since I recharge when I get the low battery alert at 15%.

Some have said they have tried up to ten times before giving up.

If the camera battery is charged already (check if you have a multimeter for 7.2vdc) the camera might be locked out to prevent further damage.