Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro camera speaker volume is really low

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Iamian
Initiate
Initiate
Hi all. I have just purchased an arlo pro wire free kit. Appears to work ok. Updated all the latest firmware but the volume on the speaker in the camera is inaudible. Even on full. Tested in iPhone. iPad android phone and Mac and it's the same on all of them. I chose arlo over a couple of competitor brands because of the 2 way conversation and it's really very poor. Is there a way of boosting the volume ????
8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lamian,

Check the volume level in the camera settings. Log in to your Aro account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo Pro > Audio Settings > Adjust the Speaker volume slider.

JamesC

Iamian
Initiate
Initiate
100%. It's really poor.

No point in having it as a 2 way device. It's simply not strong enough.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lamian,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

DanTran99
Star
Star
I just bought this system and am having the same issue. I tried the “tap” test and found that the sound is not picking up from the iPhone mic; it’s more responsive at the “noise canceling” mic next to the rear camera. This is bad software engineering. The sound is still whisper quiet if you try to use the noise cancelling mic.

Logic would dictate that reversing the roles of both mics would lower the output to the Arlo Pro cam. The rear mic on the iPhone is used to detect background noise and erase it from the main mic. If you reverse this, the main mic would pick up louder sound and cancel out the rear mic almost completely.

This is most likely the cause for the whisper quiet output from the Arlo Pro can. Netgear needs to correct their application!
M0381U5
Guide
Guide
Yep exactly the same problem as EVERYONE ELSE is having. This has been an issue for over a year now.

All my devices up to date, phone app up to date, reconfigured entire system and synced devices again, still Same garbled inaudible speaker. Volume in app to max.
This is ridiculous really.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

M0381U5,

If you're sure all settings are correct, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Jessem
Star
Star

I for one did everything as instructed.   Even contacted support who did everything to blame it on anything besides the camera.  In the end they sent a replacement.   Slight improvement but not enough for someone outside to be able to here you without putting their ear up to the speaker.   To all interested in the PRO if you want it for the mic and speaker then go elsewhere.  If you wnat it for the video survallance then its perfect but you can buy cheaper Arlo and be happy.   The pro with its current speaker and App arent worth the extra money you must lay out.  If you are only going to use a PC then it may work for you.  Volume is a bit louder and thats how Support test it when you are on with them.   They dont use the app on a phone.   Yes they advertise it to wok great with the APP.  Misleading if you want to talk with the person at the at the door.  From what I can see on the forums its been going on for quite a while and nothing seems to be improving.   

Jess

DanTran99
Star
Star
Just a tidbit, I decided to try again today using my iPhone X and it works great.