Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro camera speaker sounds like static.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
RubenZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, we have been very impressed with our two camera setup. Recently one of the cams has been unusable for two way comm because the speaker on the camera itself sounds real static like. The cameras are not under a porch so they don't see much rain. Is it possible the speaker itself got wet? It's not a volume issue, it just sounds so bad.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That kinda sounds (no pun) like a signal quality issue.  Try swapping cameras around to see if the issue stays with the camera or the location.  Also try reinserting the battery to reset the camera.

RubenZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll give it a shot later but the Camera that sounds like static is the one closest to base station, so it doesn't seem like that would be the cause.  I also tried removing battery and and restarting the entire Alro system.   I'm going to charge the battery and see if thats it.  the Batter is down to 20% but I doubt its that as well.  I'll keep you all posted on the outcome.  Thanks. 

RubenZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I think its just the Camera is bad.  I recharged all batteries 100%, I placed both my ARLO's next to each other within 5ft of Base Station and Tried both of them. One sounds GREAT, the other very much like STATIC.  Almsot sounds as if the speaker got torn, messed up or damaged although I have no idea how that would happen.  The ARLO that has the issue is under porch so it never gets wet. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
RubenZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Contacted them and I gotta say the support is awesome!!  Very fast response time and they will do a product replacement. I had to sent them a video etc. and bam.