Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro blinking red and blue

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
paaland
Tutor
Tutor

I noticed yesterday night that my camera started blinking red and blue all by itself. This morning we got the security announcement that accounts might have been compromised. I find this a bit strange. Never seen the blue and red lights before, not even when the camera is recording. It might have been a firmware upgrade, but there is no mention of a new firmware anywhere.

4 REPLIES 4
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Just to be safe, do as the email and notification says and chnage your password. Sounds like arlo systems wern't comprimised but account access may have been. This is probably the foolish people who called the Arlo fake tech suppoort numbers you can find on the internet and were talked into either allowing these scammers to remote into their computers and/or provided them their passwords during the "support" session.

If you call support, always only call the support number listed on the official Arlo support page located here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Set your new password to at least 20-40 characters long with random uppercase and lowercase letters, and numbers as well.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Blinking amber/blue indicates a firmware update. If it's still doing this after a long time you may need to remove and reinsert the battery to see if it will reset. Power cycle the base, too. Check your firmware versions to ensure they're up to date.

foobar365
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got the same announcement for the generic Arlo and my base station was offline this morning.  Also, I think it's making strange noises every once & a while.  I have a spare basestation I might swap in....

Rebooted everything, updated the password.  

Had to signup for a 'community' which, frustratingly, doesn't allow long passwords and will pretend to register you but then declare your long password 'invalid' at login......

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Not long ago, one of my basestations was making beeping noises - like two short bursts from the siren, like beep-beep, would make that sound then would not make it again for several minutes - would do it a few times then stop... then hours later start up again.  Did this for two days, had no idea what it was.  Powering down and bringing it back up had no effect.  I was going to replace it with a spare basestation I have, but then the beep-beep stopped as mysteriously as it had begun.