Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro batteries will not charge

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Asanchez13
Guide
Guide
I am becoming very frustrated with my system I've had it for about 5 months and recharged the rechargeable battery twice it now will not hold charge stating that I'm connected to a wrong power source but I'm using the Arlo provided equipment

Please advise before I throw this out my window
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried? There's also the Contact Support link at the bottom here to open a case for possible hardware failure.

brh
Master
Master
steve_t
Master Master
Master

How many cameras have you got? If you use a combination of different cameras and batteries, you should be able to ascertain whether the problem is with the camera, the battery, or the charger. IIRC, there was a thread where someone's Arlo charging adapter was faulty and so after they contacted support, they were sent a replacement adapter that fixed the issue. Alternatively, you could buy a spare charger that comes with a cable and either a spare battery or a charging station. It's a bit of a silly setup because if you buy the spare battery with charger and cable, you have no way to charge the spare battery because only cameras and the charging station can charge the battery. If you buy the charging station, you'll get the charger and cable but won't have a spare battery to put in the charging station. Don't ask me why they did this

Asanchez13
Guide
Guide
The other cameras I have are rechargeable batteries not the Arlo Square battery.
I'm still having issues with my camera not charging as soon as I plug it in it turns off but if I plug it in without the battery it stays on in the power cord mode
Yesterday I was able to get the battery charging indicator light but this morning the battery did not charge at all and I cannot get the battery charging indicator to come back on
I do notice however when the battery is inside the camera while it charges if it doesn't turn the camera off the blue light will blink once and then about 5 times after but still no charge
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It's sounding more and more like a faulty battery. Have you contacted support?

Asanchez13
Guide
Guide
No I have not can you please help me with that process that makes sense since the charger Works without the battery but as soon as the battery gets installed it turns my camera off completely even when plugged into the charger
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Scroll down the page here and in the green bar is a button that says Contact Support. That should take you to a page where you have a few options to contact them and get your issue sorted