Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Moco15
Aspirant
Aspirant
Frustrated frustrated with my two Arlo pro cameras have tried everything for the last five days don’t feel safe, The cameras get overheated when trying to charge them, chatted with Netgear representative who text me they couldn’t do anything for me so I guess I’ll throw them in the garbage unless someone could help me Something is wrong with these cameras I’m not Tech savvy but I hope that someone who is could contact Netgear to fix these cameras for all of us!
Please please help !!! Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Moco15
Aspirant
Aspirant
Frustrated trying to get net gear to replace my Arlo pro cameras two of them, been Chatting with Netgear support, Batteries not charging I bought new battery on Friday at Best Buy still doesn’t charge the cameras over Heats! Waiting hoping patiently Netgear got my text and they do the right thing. It took me 1/2 hr. Texting this with Siri help I am not Text savvy. I have tried everything to repair or fix the problem with the help of the community Support Thank You! Wish you all luck too!
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

Your going to need to explain this sentence better: "bought new battery on Friday at Best Buy still doesn’t charge the cameras over Heats!"

Firstly, the batter doesn't "charge" the camera, it's a power source.  Are you saying the batter does not power the camera?  Both of them?

Secondly, what do you mean by "overheats"?  Obviously you are trying to convey some sort of temperature hear, but it's unclear what exactly is overheating.  Does this happen when the battery is in the camera?  While charging?  Both?

You'll need to explain how you are charging the battery and what exactly happens when a charged battery is in the camera.  I'm not sure anyone will be able to help you without going into more detail about your issue.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

there is a phone number you can call instead of texting...

Give Us a Call

Phone support is free for the first 90 days after any Arlo purchase and is also included with any Arlo subscription. After 90 days, phone support for non-subscribers is available for a small charge to help with advanced features, interfacing non-NETGEAR products, configuring large networks, and more. Local telephone fees may apply. Please check with your phone service provider.

Most Arlo users find that our Support Center has the troubleshooting advice, how-to articles, instructional videos and other answers they’re looking for. You can also send us an email.

Still want to talk? Just tell us where you’re calling from:

United States contact information:

(408)-638-3750

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know why folks think they just have to eat the cost of any system instead of getting it working or fixed. Frustration is one thing but...

First, why do you say the cameras are overheating when charging them? It's certainly possible that they heat up some but at no point are they too hot to handle. Are you using the Netgear charger, the one that has both 5v and 9v output?

We can't help without details - full details. What's happening? What have you tried? Any error messages? Did you contact Netgear support or did you Google a bogus support?

Djwp
Aspirant
Aspirant

This really sucks,, I bought a 4 camera arlo pro, 3 months ago and today the batteries were getting low so I decided to charge them, or try and charge them, and spent the whole day reading and troubleshooting!! They would not charge!! 2 of the cameras will not charge, 2 did?, and I've tried everything that was recommended,,very frustrated,,,I guess I need to return them, not what I want to do, I'm disabled and don't fell like climbing up the ladder!! I knew they were to good to be true😩