Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro base station hard drive compatibility

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hughes69666
Follower
Follower

I will be installing Arlo. Pro Cameras in the next couple of days.  I see that I will be able to add my own hard drive.  I have a netgear router, 24 port switch which is also netgear.  Do we know the maximum HD capacity? Is this something an Apple time capsule can do? Should I consider cloud storage, is that possible? I was wondering if anyone has a recommendations for a compatible hard drive, and may I ask and why are you recommending it?  Thank you for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

2TB max capacity. The HDD must be formatted in FAT32. The cameras automatically have cloud storage as their primary storage. You can only watch via the app or web page the videos recorded to the cloud. If you lose internet connection, the hard drive will have the videos but you will have to remove the HDD from the base station and plug it into a computer to watch them. You will need a universal media player eg VLC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As to a hard drive...you may be better suited using a 5-32GB sized speed stick as they are easy to pull and place in another device.

BTW, the files of video are in MP4 format

This size would be plenty as a 10 sec file is aprox 1MB

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------