Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Whether it be android for the Apple the apps are ,slow ,they are both slow  to fully load up. Often get stuck on getting status and it's difficult to arm and disarm it. Don't blame my Internet I have 50 up and 50 down Internet connection I have five bars on my wireless I have an s8 plus with all the latest updates I also have an iPad air with all the latest for updates. Netgear needs to learn from Samsung SmartThings which I have ,loads right up never crashes arms and disarms on the fly why can't you do that Netgear

23 REPLIES 23
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

There's nothing wrong with the App according to support and their talented Software Engineers. Also, Arlo smart is learning.. Uh-oh.. watch out smartthings, Arlo will out smart you... lol 

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks for your support Netgear fix your app

Haulero
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo App does have problems. I used to be able to watch live video in 6 seconds, now it takes more than 12 seconds, and sometimes it fails and I have to retry. Sometimes it logs me out and I have to log in again.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks for your support my biggest problem is arm disarm

goldbondx
Apprentice
Apprentice

What is wrong with the app:

1. It is absolutely atrociously slow loading on android for certain. The time before an audible notification and it finally loading can be as slow as 2 minutes. (Samsung S7)

2. It is loses authenication way too fast. I don't know what the problem is with storing the authentication re. fingerprint recognition. But, seems I have to re-enter credentials every 3-4 weeks which is the worst of any app I have. (including banking)

3. Like the app loading issue, the real-time viewing is horrendously slow. By the time I get a chance to view, I would likely have lost my car in the driveway.

Mulitply items 1 and 3 x100 from a time perspective when you are on LTE or 4g vs. wifi.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Agreed and thanks for your support Netgear fix your app

Toy4RickS
Apprentice
Apprentice

When I called support about the app being so slow to load a camera, about 7-8 seconds, they said, oh no it shouldn't be that slow

So what was the end result, nothing, they said to check my internet speed

oh well, so much for motion at the door, starting the app, starting the device and then starting the microphone to talk to who ever it (was) there

Rick

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks for the information the more people that complain the better chance we have of   A fix .netgear fix your app

Jmiller1493
Tutor
Tutor

Soooo annoyingly slow!! Using for nanny cam and i set motion detectio. To record for 300 seconds....yet all of my recordings are 6 and 8 seconds, and the 6-8 seconds are like super delayed because i see nothing there. When i open the app it says my camera is offline and i have to restart app then it takes FOREVER to get status. It pauses often. I also manually recorded on live view for 28 mins and a call came in and it didnt save my recording. I also have great signal and top of the line wifi.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks for the information I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having these problems. Netgear fix your app

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Netgear please work on your app
CoolCanuck
Tutor
Tutor
Same issues as above. Extreme lag time, loading thumbs, loading library, even base station at times. Videos are extremely slow to load, twenty seconds? Live viewing the same. Microphone delay and camera adjustment lag also slow. None of these problems on my iPad2 - - same WiFi. Slightly faster on LTE. Lag is exclusive to android App/samsung Using S8+ phone is stock other than bixby disable app. Also loses credentials once a week. IOS app is awesome.. Android 7. 0 kernel 4.4.16
CoolCanuck
Tutor
Tutor
Same issues as above. Extreme lag time, loading thumbs, loading library, even base station at times. Videos are extremely slow to load, twenty seconds? Live viewing the same. Microphone delay and camera adjustment lag also slow. None of these problems on my iPad2 - - same WiFi. Slightly faster on LTE. Lag is exclusive to android App/samsung Using S8+ phone is stock other than bixby disable app. Also loses credentials once a week. IOS app is awesome.. Android 7. 0 kernel 4.4.16
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

I have the S7 and The S8 plus Netgear's APP definitely needs work

CoolCanuck
Tutor
Tutor
Pull down refresh seems to bring up thumbnails faster, after they freeze on loading, a step not required on ios.
Just an FYI
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Netgear please fix your app.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Arlo pro app still needs fixing or is your server ???

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Same here with its iOS app (three iPhones (2 6+s & a 4S), iPad) for both original Arlo and Arlo Pro 2 systems in two different e-mail accounts. The only way to fix this issue is to kill my app and restart. Sometimes, I have to log into Arlo account again. Argh!

LousyHardware
Guide
Guide
I’m currently having trouble on iOS as well. Loading and trying to talk thru the camera to communicate has been crashing the camera to black feed. I just returned arlo 2 last month for other issues and now that we’ve tried it again, a whole new list of problems presenting themselves 😞
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@LousyHardwarewrote:
I’m currently having trouble on iOS as well. Loading and trying to talk thru the camera to communicate has been crashing the camera to black feed. I just returned arlo 2 last month for other issues and now that we’ve tried it again, a whole new list of problems presenting themselves 😞

Yep, same issues even if the cameras are close to their base stations! Argh.

jdella
Tutor
Tutor
Connecting to cameras are sooooo slow. I upgraded to this system? Yi home connects within seconds of tapping the camera. Right now it's a much better solution at the front door than the bird. Thinking of returning the kit and going back to Yi. Netgear fix the connection times maybe you won't have so much bad comments on your own community. If my connection is good enough for the Yi I don't see why it wouldn't be just as fast on "better" hardware as the Arlo Pro 2. Gahhhhhhh!
Neighbour
Aspirant
Aspirant

ant
Mentor
Mentor

jdella: Huh?