Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro additional basestations

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ainsco
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good day

I have a arlo pro 5 camera setup working well at my home, and would like to add another basestation with three cameras in another area of the property, staying with the basic package.

I am told that basestations are unlimited, but how does this work in practice with the basic package?

If i add another basestation onto my existing log in profile, is it a simple matter of switching between basestations to view the relevant cameras?

Is it possible to connect an alexa show to the system to view cameras on both basestations?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can only have up to 5 cameras on one account. If you want to add the second base station and additional 3 cameras to your existing account, you would need to upgrade your subscription.

If you want to stay on a free account, you can set up the 2nd base with 3 cameras as a separate system with a different login.

BUT you don't have to login to each separately. Once you have set up the second system with all the required modes, you can Grant Access to your primary account and Allow Access Rights. Then when you log into your primary account you will see all 8 cameras and both base station. You will have the ability to change modes of the second system but not edit them from the primary account. Cameras on different bases cannot trigger each other.

I'm not sure about the Alexa Show working for both sets of cameras if they're on different accounts

brh
Master
Master

@ainsco

Also, the second base station will need to physically connect to the internet through the ethernet cable. I purchased a wireless range extender which simply plugs into a wall power outlet and connects to my router wirelessly and then plugged the second Arlo base station's ethernet cable into that.

Brian