Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro - No Motion detection , no messages

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
OlleBull
Tutor
Tutor
after rebooting my Base station and re-syncing all my 5 cameras there is no motion detection any more. And of course no push messages. I read some of the question on this issue, and some mention a little man-symbol, being gray or black. However, I cant find that symbol at all. . I have cut the power to the base and reconnected it, didn't help. I have also cut out one of the cameras and re-synced it a second time. Didn't help either. Live streaming works well though. What shell I do? /Olof
12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The "running man" icon for motion have changed in the new FW to a "ball with lines" ( sort of philly hockey symbol )

It works the same and should be black if the motion detect is ON

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
OlleBull
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

On the iPhone App the running man is still there, however gray.

On my browser, there is no icon at all indicating recording status. 

Problem is still not solved. The reason I havn’t answered so far is I am so completely fed up with this Arlo-system, and all the troubles it causes, all the time, that I have more or less given up.

Nothing has changed since. All cameras are still set for recording on movement (not sound). Sencitivity is set to 80 % all through. All settings are saved and appear so on the web and app. Only the icon is not there. Still nothing is recorded on movement (or sound). Now, just don’t tell me I must, again, climb on ladders in freezing cold Februari, to bring all cameras in and restart the whole sytem for the fifth time or so in 18 months.

/Olof

OlleBull
Tutor
Tutor

Perhaps I should add thiat "No motion detection" may not be the correct description of the problem. I tested the motion detection on all cameras on the app and all of them flash yellow when I move in front of them. However, no recordings are made despite the system is set to record on movements until movement stops.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode is selected? Use the Armd mode as a test.

Dotbrenn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having this same problem. Did you figure it out?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Dotbrenn,

When you're saying you're not receiving motion detection, are you seeing any recording videos in your library?

If you are not seeing any, try to adjust the motion detection sensitivity if you are receiving any problems: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?. You can also use the motion detection test and see if the LED flashes amber when it detects motion. You can read here on how to use the motion detection test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?.

OlleBull
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jessica,

I have tried different sensitivity levels, doesn't help. I have also, as stated before, made the motion detection test. All cameras flash yellow (or amber), when I move in front of them. But no recording is made. The library is empty, and has been since before christmas. Any more suggestions? I am not too keen on taking all cameras in to reboot the whole system.

/Olof

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You never responded as to what mode is selected but state that the motion indicators (running man or dot and 3 lines) is gray, meaning the cameras aren't armed. Until you check your modes, we can't help.

OlleBull
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry, can't explain what mode I used;; this Interface is completely useless, it's lika a maze.

But, after re-booting the system, with one Base and five camaras, it works again and records on movements everywhere. So, I’ve been climbing ladders the whole afternoon.

But, of course, this never ending story of Arlo-troubles is to be continued: One of my cameras indicated ”no connection to network”. Tried to charge the battery, but it doesn’t work. Changed battery, idoesn’t work either. The camera seems completely dead. After 30 minutes of charging the charger is still cold, but the camera is very, very hot at the front, almost burned my fingers. No blue flashing appears when charging starts, just some irregular gluing in amber.

I’ll open a new thread on this issue, looking foreward to further comments.

Cheers

/Olof  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQs here on modifying and creating modes and rules. The interface is the interface - actually take the time to look through it, read the FAQs if you don't understand. There's plenty of options and configuration when you stop complaining and start understanding.

Dotbrenn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. My hubby accidentally disarmed the cameras. Finally figured that out. All good now. He does not know how he did it.
Dotbrenn
Aspirant
Aspirant
No I didn’t but have determined that my electronically challenged hubby accidentally diarmed our cameras from his phone. All good now