Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro How many times can the batteries be recharged before buying new ones?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cmburnett
Aspirant
Aspirant

How many times can the batteries be recharged before buying new ones? My batteries are approximately 6 months old and will not recharge. Is this normal? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

The batteries would last as long as it's properly working. Also, that would depend o how you use the camera. If your battery is not charging, you need to make sure that the charger adapter that you are using is a Netgear white adapter. It should really show a Netgear lable on the adapter. 

Below are the adapter specs:

Output: 5V 1.8A 9V 1.1A
 Input: 100 - 240 V
Streak2
Master Master
Master

How many charge discharge cycles have the batteries been through?

They should be good for 100's of cycles. My oldest are nearly 18 months old with no problem at all.

When you plug in the charger you should see the charging indicator when you look at the devices using the app. 

Cmburnett
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! I have had several recharges, maybe up to 5. When I plug in my camera to the charger, I do not see the charging indicator on my app. I have tried charging at least 3 times now and no bolt sign. Any other suggestions?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Then there is a charger or charging cable problem if it's happening to all of your cameras.

As you plug the charger into the camera you should get a momentary blue led flash and the charging indicator in the app should appear. I assume you are using the Netgear charger that came with the system?

Make sure there is mains power to the outlet where you have the charger plugged in.

Make sure that USB cable is not damaged.

If you have another 5/9v USB charger using QC technology like the ones that comes with Samsung phones then give that a try.

As a long shot, remove and refit the battery in the camera.