Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 1 camera will not sync and it shows no lights blinking

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
chuck159
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 4 cameras and 1 camera will not sync and it shows no lights blinking. when I plug in the charger the amber light blinks fast for about 2 seconds. what is the problem?

9 REPLIES 9
Fish62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem, 3 connect but one won't.  Suggestions? Return camera?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If plugged in, will the camera sync? If not, its a faulty camera. If it does, it's likely a bad battery. The easy thing to do is swap systems at the store.
DocW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem with blinking amber light. I purchased and set up my one camera correctly and it worked for a couple of weeks. Then the message on my phone stated "This Arlo device is offline." Since there was no light on the camera I figured the battery must have gone dead. So I plugged it in, got the brief blinking amber light but after 8 hours still no light on face of camera. Won't sync even when plugged in. Does this mean my camera is bad even though it worked fine for a couple of weeks?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Quite possibly.  The LED should have briefly flashed blue, not amber.

Open a case here or swap at the store.

DocW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply. I realized I used Arlo's USB cable but not their adaptor that plugs into the wall. I used theirs, a blue light flashed a few times when I plugged in the camera with battery, then left it for about 10 hours, when I returned it had a solid blue light. I resynched the camera to the base and it worked fine.........for about half an hour (from the same location it had been functioning for a few weeks) and now the error message again states "This Arlo device is offline." Suggestions? Now we know the battery is fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try it plugged in. Could still be the battery.
dtamashiro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got the same issue.  My camera just went off line for no apparent reason.  The system is only a couple months old so I know the battery isn't dead. Still getting no response from the camera....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Anything can die a premature death. Never say never.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dtamashiro,

Arlo Pro batteries last for about four to six months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day. Depending on how much activity the camera is recording, depleted batteries could very likely be the cause.

JamesC