Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo is currently unavailable. How is this resolved?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JLscamera
Tutor
Tutor

How was anyone able to get online?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I've had no problems but then I'm not trying to set up a system. Are you?
JLscamera
Tutor
Tutor

yes, i am trying to set up the arlo pro and once i've created my password and press next it says arlo unavailable try again later.  seems like this happens to a lot of people judging by the # of posts.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I agree. Log out and try again. Maybe try a different browser.
branclau
Initiate
Initiate
I just got a system yesterday and I get the same thing. Tech on site advised calling my internet service provider to see if a port is being blocked on their end. Still have yet to do that
branclau
Initiate
Initiate
Crazy thing. To comment here I had to log in. I didn't think I had an account set up yet so I tried to set one up. It said I had one, so I assume that part worked when trying all this last night. My password didn't work though, so I reset it and logged in to comment here. Then back on the app instead of going through the new user setup I logged in and went through the steps. Where I had to agree to terms, I got the same error message again. I closed the app, re-opened, logged in and went through the steps without a hitch. It works now!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

xwizkidx
Initiate
Initiate

I found that when i synced at least one camera to the base and then tried to create an account it worked.  Give that a go.

JLscamera
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  It finally worked when I closed out the app and started from the beginning to create a new account.  The first time I tried it gave me the same message then I tried again and it worked..  Hope that works for everyone else.

JLscamera
Tutor
Tutor

I just closed the arlo app and reloaded it.  It still gave me the message the first try and then the second time I tried to finish synching everything worked.  I don't think it has anything to do with the internet provider.