• 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mikescottintl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Vmc2030

Not sure what type I have. 
arlo comes on and infrared lights are on as if someone is looking in and watching. But neither of us (the 2 ppl with point of access) are viewing or watching it. 

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mikescottintl wrote:

Vmc2030

Not sure what type I have. 

Arlo Essential Spotlight (so not a Pro).  Likely one of the mods will move your post.

@mikescottintl wrote:

arlo comes on and infrared lights are on as if someone is looking in and watching. But neither of us (the 2 ppl with point of access) are viewing or watching it. 

Something is triggering the motion detection.

Are you seeing recordings in the library/feed when this happens?

mikescottintl
Aspirant
Aspirant

There isn’t anything in library because it’s not “armed”

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mikescottintl wrote:

There isn’t anything in library because it’s not “armed”

There are folks who are reporting that they are getting recordings even when the cameras are disarmed - I think Arlo is rolling out a fix for that.  They slowly rollout firmware updates, so it can take a while to get it.

If you think someone is accessing your account, then I suggest

• changing the password
  • checking the shared access section to make sure the cameras aren't shared.
mikescottintl
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, we have it shared only with each other.  But i will change the pw to see if that helps. But no saved media

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mikescottintl wrote:

But no saved media

Do you have activity zones set up for the camera?  Out-of-zone motion will also turn on the camera.  There would be no recording if the cloud determines the motion was out-of-zone.

mikescottintl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to find that “zone” feature. Couldn’t find it. I think it four have been accessible when I had a data plan? I don’t use it that much anymore so I don’t think I have that feature 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mikescottintl wrote:

I tried to find that “zone” feature. Couldn’t find it. I think it four have been accessible when I had a data plan? I don’t use it that much anymore so I don’t think I have that feature 

Are you saying you have no subscription plan?

Is your essential connected to a base station?  Or is it connected to your home wifi?

mikescottintl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Connected to wifi

no subscription. Had one but haven’t had it for a year or so. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mikescottintl wrote:

Connected to wifi

no subscription. Had one but haven’t had it for a year or so. 

Do you get a notification when you see this happening?

mikescottintl
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, we just see the “infrared lights” come on or the red lights showing just as if I am looking on the camera “live”. 
we also hear it click which happens when we watch live and it’s went from regular to infrared lighting. 
no notifications. Just that we can tell it’s “being used” but neither are in the app or using at all. 
she is putting baby to sleep, and I am working and she sees the red lights on. But I’m not watching or even have the app on. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mikescottintl wrote:

But I’m not watching or even have the app on. 

Try leaving the app running, and see if you get notifications.

The click is the nightvision IR filter engaging (consistent with IR LEDs turning on).  While it's possible that the camera will engage/disengage the filter on it's own, it normally won't turn on the LEDs unless something is triggering it (or someone is useing the camera remotely).

Has it happened again after you reset the account password?  Note you should probably also change your email password, as two factor verification still would be needed for someone to access the camera.  If the camera isn't shared, then that would be done with email verification.