Arlo base station seems stuck at 'getting information'

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
rkmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo base station seems stuck at 'getting information' and no response. Arlo cameras are able to detect motion, but motion is not recorded.

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Power button reboot the base, let it come back online.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
rkmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't want my system going donwn three or more times a week. There must be anther solution.

ramie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good luck with trying to contact customer support, as its non existent if you end up returning the system

rkmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

So true, I was on hold for 2 hours with no answer.

ramie
Aspirant
Aspirant

that sucks... we are paying top dollar for a product that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't and for a non existent customer support... we should make these complains go viral and maybe then they will take care of us the customer

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rkmiller,

Did rebooting the base station resolve the issue or are you still seeing this behavior? Do you see the same behavior from all clients/devices (web browser, mobile app, etc)?

JamesC

Jo-Anne
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have tried lots of options: reboot, unplugged , removed base & then reinstalled, factory reset, even a new router (as ours was getting very slow) nothing helped. The Arlo base station is still stuck at 'getting information'

We even removed the cameras, and tried resyncing. They seem to sync to the base, but they do not show up in the app. 

Any further ideas to try? 

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
mine does that getting stuck too so yea not alone
Gellie
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system just went down for the second time in this week(just a week old). The first time i disconected the base station from the power. Cameras came back on line. This mornng, powering off did not work. I rebooted my router(s) in my house and they came back on line. System seems a bit finiky. I'll give it another week or so before i return it.

Jo-Anne
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have had ours since Sept 2016. First issue with it. But..... nothing seems to be resolving the issue.

Jo-Anne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! Arlo base is still saying 'getting information' and no cameras show in the app, but when syncing they look like they sync' successfully. All of our other devices are working normally. 

Jo-Anne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Contacted arlo support, had my system up & running right away! Try the support option, not the community!!