Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app Model: VMC4030 cannot log in from iphone using two step verification.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Roaddawg3
Follower
Follower

Since Arlo went to the two step process I cannot log in on my iPhone. If I try to log in they send me the verification code. When I leave the Arlo screen to retrieve the verification code and come back to the screen that code no longer works. The only way I can log in on my phone is if I am at home and can get the code by email. I don't need to log in from my phone at home, I need to log into the account from my phone when I am away and that is impossible using the two step verification. If there a fix for this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roaddawg3 wrote:

If there a fix for this problem?

Log into the app, but choose email verification.  Retrieve the email code on your PC, so you don't need to leave the Arlo screen.  The complete the login on the phone, and trust it.  Once trusted, you won't need to use 2FA  on the phone anymore.

dougga
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue and am unable to use the phone app unless I am home.  The suggestion to "trust" the device is only good for 2 weeks and then you need the code again.

Today, I cannot even log in to the app on the phone - it just times out.  I can log in to the web just fine.   This may be the push to move to a different system for me.