Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo and Ring Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mmwada
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed a Ring Doorbell and noticed that the Arlo camera that monitors the same area was not recording and sending a notification when there was motion.  I discovered that it has something to do with the Ring Doorbell sensing motion first.  As confirmatioin, I walked around the Ring Doorbell sensing area and the Arlo triggered a recording.  I did this several times for more confirmation and everytime I had the Arlo camera recording.  I also did the same and immediately walked into the Ring Doorbell sensing area and I got both recordings.  As a note, this is not a normal motion triggering area.

I tired increasing the sensitivity on the Arlo camera from 80 percent to 100 percent and it didn't make a difference.  Moving the Arlo camera positon to try and make it trigger first will position the camera viewing area outside of the desired area but I haven't tried this yet and I don't even know if it will work.  I am looking for a better solution.  

My normal motion triggering area is the mailman delivering the mail.  Pre Ring Doorbell, the Arlo camera never missed triggering the mailman delivering the mail.  The difference in time between the Ring Doorbell and Arlo camera sensing motion must be less than a second based on a distance of less than one feet.  The Ring doorbell is sensing motion with the mailman walking towards the camera and the Arlo camera is sensing motion with the mailman walking pass the camera.  

First, should this even be happening?  Second, is there a better solution?

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mmwada

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Aro Tech Support