Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo and Arlo Pro camera system both on one account

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
pidong
Tutor
Tutor

Previously used Arlo camera system.. Bought and activated Arlo Pro.. How can I have both camera systems on ONE ACCOUNT, with the basic subcription plans of 5 cameras for each system???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the total number of cameras exceeds 5, you can use two accounts, using different email addresses. Once set up, use Settings, Grant Access from one account to the other. All cameras will then be accessible with onelogin.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the total number of cameras exceeds 5, you can use two accounts, using different email addresses. Once set up, use Settings, Grant Access from one account to the other. All cameras will then be accessible with onelogin.

pidong
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for fast reply.
From reading and experimenting, had a feeling couldn't do it on one account once it exceeded 5 cameras. But needed confirmation from a more experience and knowledgible person like yourself, instead of "spinning my wheels."
Will try your suggestion. Thanks again.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Of course you can always upgrade to a paid level account and run 10 or 15 cams

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Itbehook
Guide
Guide
What is the difference between this...

And this...

Of course you can always upgrade to a paid level account and run 10 or 15 cams

What is the difference? Isn't it essentially the same thing? You can have access to 10 cams with one login? Or am I missing something? I just don't see the advantage in paying for the upgrade when it can be done for free.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two main differences:

1) One option is costing money.

2) Using Grant Access, even with maximum permissions, isn't quite the same as using the master account.  It's close but a few things won't work in a shared system, mostly in the Settings area, I believe.