Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart Notifications Take Three To Five Minutes

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sentinell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo Pro with seven cameras that has always worked perfecy until now. It sends me notifications om my smart phone after three to five minutes. Of course the cameras activate and records footage.

I have noticed that it started efter some Arlo upgrades that cameras can define if its a veicle,person or animal.

Is there something i can do to have faster noifications?

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot your base station & test again? What firmware version is your base station running/what Arlo Mobile App version are you using?

Sentinell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thankyou for your answer!

Yes i have rebooted the basestation and rauter witn no improvment.

I have recently changed cellphone with new operativ system from Apple to Android but i i had the same problem with my old cellphone as well.

I have always used the same app and i hade no issues but i will but i will test others.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sentinell wrote:

I have Arlo Pro with seven cameras that has always worked perfecy until now. It sends me notifications om my smart phone after three to five minutes. Of course the cameras activate and records footage.

I have noticed that it started efter some Arlo upgrades that cameras can define if its a veicle,person or animal.

Is there something i can do to have faster noifications?

It's the Smart notifications that casue the delay. The video has to be completely sent to the server for post-processing which then will send out the notifications. If you need faster notifications, remove the camera(s) from Smart and the push notifications should be nearly immediate.