Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jgpfersich3
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems to be that I'm doomed to buy technology that doesn't work. I've had the Arlo (Netgear) security cameras for about 2 1/2 to 3 years, and I just spent over 40 minutes replacing the battery of my garage camera multiple times (the Arlo app on my phone kept saying that a camera was offline which meant another trip up the ladder, dismantling the camera, and reinstalling the battery, the putting everything back together again) using 2 different batteries and then going the always frustrating process of re-aiming the camera. Frustrating because the app on my phone has a selection under Device Utilities for Camera Positioning. This utility has never worked so I resort to switching on the live feed and waiting anywheres fro 90 to 150 seconds for the "live" feed to start. (What do they do, bounce the signal off of the Moon?). Then wait until the feed starts to "work" and re-aim the camera, waiting the 90-150 seconds between adjustments for the feed to catch up. You can see why a simple battery change ends up being a more than 40 minute ordeal.

And the real kicker is that I have to go through this process every 4 -6 weeks, either the batteries (all 8 of them at approximately $50 a piece) are defective or Arlo lies about the battery lifetime.

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Have you thought of putting some cameras on permanent power?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jgpfersich3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the Arlo System because it was wireless. Paying a couple of hundreds of dollars to wire the system is not an option. I already paid a premium for the fact that it's wireless. But I suppose like every other company out there, following through with marketing drivel is just not in their interest. Screwing the customer is.