Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro worked until I bought Google Mesh and now can't bring Base Station online

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JimGregerson
Follower
Follower

My Arlo Pro worked until I bought a Google Mesh, so we could get WIFI through out our home.  That worked, however the Google Router only has one Ethernet portal, so I couldn't hook my ARLO up to the Router on desktop Dell computer A.  So I hooked it up to my wife's laptop HP (computer B) with an Ethernet cable, plus powered it up, the two outside green lights are on, but won't let me bring the Base Station back online. I have tried and tried for two days! The computers are about 15 feet apart.  Then went to phone support last night after dinner and got from 29th in Q to 24th in about 50 minutes and gave up.  This Sat. morning tried support and 29th in Q and gave up .  Tried to get to online support and couldn't get in, so I'm trying to get help from you!  If I ever get it up and running again, does the new software download need to be downloaded where we have two PC's and two I Phones.  Thanks in advance!  Jim

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a WiFi extender. The extender will connect to your WiFi and the base will plug into that for access to the servers.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Use a WiFi extender. The extender will connect to your WiFi and the base will plug into that for access to the servers.

Personally I'd get an 5 port gigabit switch, and connect that to the router - giving you 4 more LAN ports.

You can get them for $25 (or less) at Amazon - current US pricing.