Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - won't detect motion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GOR1
Follower
Follower

My arlo Pro (4 cameras and base station) worked great up until a few months ago. Then it suddenly stopped detecting motion, so it didn't record any video clips or notify me. 

I went thru all the recommended checks. I eventually removed all the devices. I was not able to reload the base station. I alway get the error - "the mode could not be added (4003)". However I was able to add the cameras, even though there is no base station added. They work as cameras, but no motion detection.

i called customer service. The lady I dealt with seemed very inexperienced and in total I was on the phone for 2 hrs and 16 mins. My case number is 40518531. She never seemed to understand I couldn't load add the base station as the cameras worked. She ended up having me change my account to a different email (presumably thinking my issue was not receiving an email). Anyway I am still at a loss as to what I need to do. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Have you tried a full factory reset of the base, followed by resyncing the cameras?

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values