Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro won't detect motion looking out porch window

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Margom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set my Arlo Pro camera in a window looking out at my porch.  It will not detect any motion on the porch.  Also, is there supposed to be a light showing on the camera?  There are no LED lights on mine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Margom wrote:

I set my Arlo Pro camera in a window looking out at my porch.  It will not detect any motion on the porch.  Also, is there supposed to be a light showing on the camera?  There are no LED lights on mine.

1) arlo and arlo Pro do NOT detect motion thru glass.... as glass blocks most IR which is how the cameras detect motion

2) If you mean the IR illumination lights , they come on automaticly at dark light level ( and the cam switches to b/w )

The other led is on the one side of lens and shows full charge, low battery, etc...read manual

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Margom wrote:

1) arlo and arlo Pro do NOT detect motion thru glass.... as glass blocks most IR which is how the cameras detect motion

2) If you mean the IR illumination lights , they come on automaticly at dark light level ( and the cam switches to b/w )

The other led is on the one side of lens and shows full charge, low battery, etc...read manual

Morse is faster than texting!
Margom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much!  I was not sure why it turned to black and white. This helped me so much.