Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AmberDoll94
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to connect a brand new Arlo Pro system to our home internet, the power light is solid green & the internet light is a solid amber. I have tried restarting it by holding down the reset button with a pin - nothing it just resets & goes back to the way it was before. I've tried resetting it by holding down the sync & reset buttons at the same time - nothing at all, didn't even flicker & I held it down for over a minute. I've been in contact with my ISP 4 times & they don't know whats wrong. I have a Huawei HG659B modem & I have contacted Huawei & they couldn't help. I have contacted your online chat & I thought I had the solution - Solution being that I had to change ports 80 & 443 to TCP & port 123 to UDP only to find that those ports were already on that. I have my firewall on low & my modem interface is showing that the ethernet cable is working & active but the Arlo Base station is still saying it's not. So here I am, 5 hours in & nothing has changed aside from I'm tired & irritated. Any helpful advice you could give me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AmberDoll94
Aspirant
Aspirant

It turned out the cord to connect the router & arlo base station together. Got someone to come sort it & they brought a new cable with them & it's alright. The cable was brand new as well so there's no guarantee it will work straight from the box.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming that you've changed cables and ports, power cycle the modem, router and base.  Bring them back up in that same order, allowing each to fully restart before the next step.  You could grab the base, power supply and cable to try at a friend's house, especially if that person has a different router (you seem to indicate that you have a modem/router as opposed to a modem and a separate router). If it still fails, swap at the store or open a case with support here.

Some ISPs have used settings on their routers which can block access.  Is your router owned by you or the ISP?  Also, where are you located?  That may be key.

hugebeeg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever figure this out?  I am having the same problem.

AmberDoll94
Aspirant
Aspirant

It turned out the cord to connect the router & arlo base station together. Got someone to come sort it & they brought a new cable with them & it's alright. The cable was brand new as well so there's no guarantee it will work straight from the box.