Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro with no Internet

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Olycius
Follower
Follower

For the arlo pro, I am currently recording locally to an attached 1TB hard drive I purchased. I recently had a power outage that left me with no power the entire night. However, I do have a UPS that the arlo base station, router, and modem are hooked up to. During the entire outage the UPS did not power off, the only issue was I was not receiving internet, but still had access to my local network. My question is will there ever be a way to sign into arlo locally or is there already a way to view the cameras locally? 

I am aware that a internet connection is required for cloud recording, but why would it be necessary if the option to record locally is there? I went from the old arlo base station to the pro base station to rely less on the cloud aspect as without internet, the arlo is practically useless.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

At this time there is no way to do what you want... the system was designed as is with the commands and video  going thru the NG server and back. 

The good thing is that with your UPS, you would have videos of any motion activated recording that occurred during internet outage. ( keeping up the base/modem/router )

As to why, you would have to ask NG as to why they design the system that way.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------