Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro with Norton WiFi Privacy

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
leahcourt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to use Norton Wifi Privacy and stream camera to computer desktop.. Right now, because I have Norton WiFi Privacy, I can not use my outdoor Arlo Pro Camera to stream to my desktop computer or my laptop computer.  But, I can use the Arlo Pro Camera to stream to my IPad because I don't use Norton WIFi Privacy on the IPad.  Net Gear is aware of the issue and trying to determine the best possible remedy.  My question, when will we be able to use our camerasvwith computers with norton wifi privacy?  Will a patch work or send to customers new updated cameras that can be used with the computers with norton wifi privacy.    Bob

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it  because Norton locks down all the ports required? Can you manually allow the requisite ports to be open?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

BitDefender users have had the same issue.  It's not specifically a Netgear issue since it's Norton that needs to be configured properly.  Hopefully support can help but you probably should be talking to Norton.

leahcourt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Arlo Pro with Norton WiFi Privacy Conflict 

Contact Norton and they are aware of this technical issue and working on solution update.  Apparently, norton wifi privacy is not compatible to the net gear camera wifi.  The IP address is being blocked and netgear wi if can not locate the computer.  But, the Norton WiFi Privacy software is working perfectly and no config changes