Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro wireless Cannot find the base station.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Heckmster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the base station connected to local network.  Power, Internet, and Camera sync lights all on all green.  Try to run setup from desktop compiter on same network.  Cannot find the base station.

3 REPLIES 3
pc2k17
Hero
Hero
What "setup" are you trying to run from your computer? If you mean you're trying to access the Arlo base like you would your router....... that can't be done. The base is a closed system.
Heckmster
Aspirant
Aspirant

If the system is closed how are you supposed to run the setup?  The instructions say to go to alro.netgear.com and click on the "Discover device icon".  It also staTES THAt aslong as the mobile device or computer you are using resides on the same network segment, it will be found.  Port 80 and 443 are both open on this network.

Any suggestions??

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I'm sorry I misunderstood what you were asking at first. What I meant was you can't log into the base station and get to a configuration page like you can log into a router and get to it's configuration page. I wasn't sure if that's what you were asking about or not.

You should be able to go thru the setup process as long as your base station is plugged into an open network port on your router. I would just run the setup from the app (on your phone, andriod or iphone). I never did it thru the web browser, not familar with that process. But either way, it should see your base. If your base is hooked up right, and no cameras are synced, you should have two green lights on the front of the base. Do you have that?