Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro will not stay connected and drains battery quickly. Tried resyncing.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
hillx134
Guide
Guide

I have one of my Arlo Pro Cameras that will not stay connected, and drains the battery very very quickly.    I have change batteries thinking that was the issue.   I have re-synced it.  Nothing has made it stay running, except for leaving it plugged into the charger.   Any tips would be appreciated

HW Version H8   

Firmware: 1.092.0.25_24_986

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHile it could be a hardware problem, it could also be that the camera has a problem with the WiFi connection to the base. This can be a strength and/or quality issue. What is the displayed signal strength? Are there any wireless devices near the camera that also use the 2.4GHz band (not just WiFi)? What is the house construction?

You can swap cameras around to see if it's the location or the camera that is the problem.

hillx134
Guide
Guide
I've swapped out the cameras and moved it to locations that other cameras work without issue.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Let us know the results.

hillx134
Guide
Guide
Sorry. I should have been more specific. I already swamped them with other camera positions and nothing helped. Issue still occurs
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume you mean the problem camera still has the problem and it's not the location of the camera? If so, it sounds like a possible hardware problem. If removing and resyncing the camera doesn't help, use the Contact Support link at the bottom.

Chase84
Guide
Guide

I think this is an Arlo issue yet again. This happened a year ago. My Arlo doorbell and my cameras are draining battery. I charged one to 100% last week and its down to 50% with 0 usage. The doorbell was given two fresh batteries last week and its already dead. I would say they botched firmware again.

djscott
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the last couple of weeks, I've had the same issue.  I have four cameras, and I can't get any of the four to stay connected, and they go from 100% battery to 0% in less than 1.5 weeks.  I've had these camera for nearly four years, with no issues whatsoever, and then suddenly, I'm having issues with all simultaneously.  I'm not an expert on firmware, but seeing that mentioned above, could that be the issue?