Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro weak audible

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 14 In Conversation
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
Bought the Pro mainly to have the ability to speak through the camera when someone's at my front door the sound out of the Pro can barely be heard I would say you have to be two feet away to be able to hear anyone experience this
25 REPLIES 25
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Trucha wrote:
Bought the Pro mainly to have the ability to speak through the camera when someone's at my front door the sound out of the Pro can barely be heard I would say you have to be two feet away to be able to hear anyone experience this

Have you adjusted the audio level?

I have just tested the PRO indoors with audio,  and tho it's not super loud, I can easily hear and understand it from at least 20 ft away.

I do find a 1-2 sec delay on the audio/mic stream tho... But also just seems a bit faster than the Q.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes volume it turned to the max.... I also have the Q and that works as how you describe. I have another Pro and will install today, compare and report back. Good Boy Arlo. Thanks
Tanbuck
Guide
Guide
Trucha,
Have you had any luck? I am having same problem.
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
I tested another new Pro with no luck very weak sound coming from the Pro speaker. Tried Note 4 and Apple 6 same results. Sound is volume records fine. Debating if I should return....
Zandex
Guide
Guide

I'm experiencing the same issue with low volume coming from thr Arlo Pro speakers. I've tried it with Android and iOS and the same thing happening. Something is wrong with the product -- maybe it has to do with the firmware. I just got mine from Best Buy today October 22, 2016 at around 4pm PST.

RobTN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Purchased yesterday at Best Buy and made sure to update firmware on base station and cameras. The mic picks audio up really well, but speakers are really faint on all cameras. Wondering if this is a firmware or hardware issue?

Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
Dont know if there's a fix now it's a deal beaker for me the Arlo Q speaker is nice and loud nothing compared to the Pro. The Pro speaker volume is very weak
WHB
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased pro yesterday and audio is very low.
Zandex
Guide
Guide
This is not good for me. I'm thinking of returning this Arlo Pro to the store. Is it defective? The speaker is very low on all the cameras. What's the point?
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
I agree were in the same boat I really enjoyed the upgrade but this low volume is a deal breaker for me I have about a week to return unless there's some kind of fix
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you all for the feedback, I have escalated this topic for further investigation. I will post back when I have more information.

JamesC

throwaway-bye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

From experience, I left a thin piece of transparent plastic film stuck to Arlo Q camera resulting in muffled audio. Inspect your cameras again to see if some plastic film is covering speaker on Arlo Pro.

Leave system unarmed ( no motion and audio detection turned on ) overnight for camera firmware update and try again in the morning.

Good luck !!

Psaras
Apprentice
Apprentice

There is definitely a problem. I have Arlo four camera kit set; cameras hardware “H7”, most updated firmware on base and cameras (1.088.0.0_9373). Mine are all up at 100%. There is no “plastic over the device.”

I have tried on iphone 6, iPhone 6s and laptop, all on together on my robust and well running Wi-Fi net; and on iPhones vie LTE. Audio that is input to the cameras works great with tolerable lag. Audio output from any and all of the cameras is barely audible to not audible at all on all four cameras

It is useless for using to speak to someone who is near the cameras

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of an issue with audio on the Arlo Pro and are currently working hard toward implementing a fix as soon as possible. I will keep you updated with any new information I receive on this topic.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: Engineering has identified the root cause of this issue. We are currently testing the fix internally and hope to have a release very soon that should resolve the issue.

Thank you for your patience during this process.

JamesC

cmclane28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hope a fix will be delivered soon. I still have this issue and I'm on the fence about returning it. As others have mentioned, the microphone picks up sounds very well but anything out of the speaker can barely be heard. I already have the latest firmware installed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A firmware update was released that should resolve the low speaker volume issue for Arlo Pro. Be sure you have the latest Arlo Pro camera firmware along with the latest Arlo mobile app versions installed.

If you are still having trouble, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

ruthroche
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same issue.....Went to Settings->Audio Settings on each of my 2 devices.   I have the Speaker volume slide bar up to 100%.  It does not show a slide bar for the Microphone just the ability to turn it on/off.  What am I missing??

Thx!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You're not missing anything. That's the way it is. I'd like a mic volume slider myself - maybe it would overcome the app low volume issue.
Yourlandlady
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same low volume issue on all cameras that were just installed 2 days ago (12/19/16).  When I try to adjust the speaker volume thru the slide function it does not retain the setting.  It just goes back down to 0%.  How do we resolve this?  I can't even get the slide volume to work either...?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use the app or wait a couple of minutes on a browser to make adjustments. It has issues...
Yourlandlady
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK so now the slide volume works and I have all camera speakers set to 100% and you have to be right up on the cameras to hear.  Still very difficult to hear.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use a computer where you can adjust the mic gain. The apps are a known problem.
angel12
Aspirant
Aspirant
March 26, 3027,Just bought the ARLO pro 4 kit and 2 Q cameras. Sound goes in and out. Works sometimes most of the time not. One of the reasons i bought the camerass is for the 2 way audio. Worthless if it doesn't work!!!
Whatever fix support stated they did. Did not fix the audio problem.