Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro use in lounge setting

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kehardman
Follower
Follower

We are looking for security cameras for our lounge. Open 5 hours a day and would like to record continuously during the open hours and trigger recording outside those hours. Is this doable? If not do have an recommedations for wireless cameras that would?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The PRO cameras can be AC power if outlets are nearby... but not relly intended for 24/7 type recordings... they ar designed as "detect motion then record "

The Q cameras are indoor and ac powered... there is a CVR option to record 24/7 while still triggering off motion and putting those videos in the library.  The CVR is a paid option

Looks at the FAQs or Products at top of page.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
I have not seen any battery operated camera on the market that will record continuously.
I think for continuous recording, you will need a wired camera (power source) and is designed for continuous recording. I think the Arlo Q cameras are powered by wire and you can get a plan to record continuously.

Good luck.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The PRO cameras can be AC power if outlets are nearby... but not relly intended for 24/7 type recordings... they ar designed as "detect motion then record "

The Q cameras are indoor and ac powered... there is a CVR option to record 24/7 while still triggering off motion and putting those videos in the library.  The CVR is a paid option

Looks at the FAQs or Products at top of page.

Morse is faster than texting!