Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro update

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

Purchased 4 camera Arlo Pro set on October 22, 2016 and installed next day.  So about 2 1/2 months.

Just got my first notification about low battery today.  Here are how my cameras have been doing:

Front door- 15% battery (this is camera I received notification on).  About 10-14 30 second vidoes per day.

Front of garage: 27% battery, about 5-8 30 second videos per day.

Side of house: 58% battery, About 2-3 30 second videos per week.

Back of house: 66% battery, about 1-2 30 second videos per week.  I manually turn this camera off for about 4-5 hours per day ( Dogs in and out while home on weekdays/weekends).  

Vidoe quality is set to optimize.

Temperatures during December have been average 55 day/ 35 night (degrees).  I am in northern California.

Did not have any issues with initial installation.   Used the tripod mounts from the beginning.  All updates went without any issues.

Only major issue has been with the iOS application.  I had an issue early on where it lost my mode settings, and have also had the duplicate camera issue appear.  I was able to restore the mode settings by using the webportal and the duplicate camera issue by just a restart of my iPhone.

I have had to manually restart the base unit once due to all cameras going off line.

I have a 15/15 gig fiber optic internet connection and a Apple Airport wireless router which the Netgear base is plugged into.  No major issues accessing live views or recorded video over the internet or via my iPhone. My iPhone uses ATT.

Overall I have been happy with both the quality and ease of use of the Arlo Pro.  I am still looking forward to those solar panels.  I really hope Netgear comes through with these.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds about right,,, spec use is about 4-5 mins per day and the PRO battery pack capacity falls between the OEM primary cells and the Arlo 16340 li-ions

OEM primary ( 3000mahr ) - about 4 months, Arlo with 16340 ( 1500mahr ) - about 60 days, Pro pack is 2440 mahr., so 3 months is about spot on

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------