Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro unreliable, undependable, laggy operation - Any improvements foreseen ?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
youyoung21147
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Just purchased an Arlo Pro system with 3 cams after playing with Xiaomi and Hiseeyou cameras that were not reliably performing.

Now I feel I made a mistake because this system is not performing any better !

Here is so far the list of issues :

- Motion Notifications are quick to receive BUT it is impossible to view the video feed ! 100% of time, if I try to view live feed right after the notification I get no live feed

- No recording in library is kept whil attempting to view feed after notification (so you never get an image of the event)

- Live View is not displayed 90% of the time. When it does, it takes between 30s and 20 minutes to get a feed. Is that what you expect from a security camera ?

- Lag is enormous when you get the chance to view a live feed. 2-way audio is useless because of the 6-10s delay. I feel like talking to someone on Mars.

- The connection system is a joke. An Ethernet port in 2020 ? To make wireless cameras work ? What's the point ?

I'm on a VDSL2+ connection on the Arlo side and 4G-enabled Samsung Galaxy A40 on the app side. There are no issues on this side.

Has anyone got a solution to these issues ? Or any recommendations on a better system with battery cameras that is reliable and dependable ?

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @youyoung21147

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

youyoung21147
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello and thank you for your interest in solving these multiple issues.

I have

- updated all firmwares and app

- tried using a wifi repeater with 4G modem instead of the VDSL router

- installed app on 2 different phones (galaxy S6 and A40)

- connected those phones to various 4G and wifi networks

- charging camera batteries

- using only one cam

- operating everything at close range

- day or night

It seems these issues are with the Arlo system. Many users here seem to encounter the same issues. If whatsapp and skype can work without issue there is nothing wrong with the network infrastructure.

At this very moment I've been waiting for 11 minutes to view the live feed of a single camera. It's always like that - tens of seconds to several dozen minutes before getting anything. The cloud recordings, when successfully captured, can be viewed within seconds.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support