Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro system stopped sending notications to SmartThings/Stringify

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wrathgar
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro system apparently stopped sending notifications to Samsung SmartThings and Stringify a few days ago, even though it's worked perfectly for a few months prior. 

I have/had Arlo/SmartThings integrated. When one of these cameras detected motion, it would then send the notification to SmartThings, which would activate my Sonos speakers. All my other motion sensors are still working perfectly. 

Any help would be appreciated. I can only guess that some changes was made on Arlo's end. I've already removed and reintegrated Arlo/SmartThings. 

Thanks, 

Jay

3 REPLIES 3
pc2k17
Hero
Hero
In case the problem is on the Arlo side, make sure your not using the smartthings mode in Arlo. It has a bug which randomly changes it settings back to default settings, which is do nothing when the camera detects motion or audio.

Two things I always try when a "thing" in smartthings stop working like it's supposed to.....

Remove the battery/power from the offending thing, give it a minute or two, put battery/power back in, try again.
I assume your doing this thru a routine or smart app in smartthings. Remove the routine/smartapp, add back, setup again, and see if it starts working correctly.

Hope that helps.
wrathgar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate your response. I’ve tried it on the SmartThings mode and on the Armed mode. It worked with no problems on the Armed mode for months. 

I factory reset the base station, added the cameras back to it and then linked it with SmartThings. It’s still not sending notifications to SmartThings. 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Maybe try the smartthings community. They might have a fix for you.