Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Etzi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought a Arlo Pro (Model # VMS4130). I followed the set up steps, but when I try to sychronize the camera, the cam light on the base station lights up permanently amber (no blinking) - just permanent amber (and yes, it is the third led light from the left, with the cam icon).

I also downloaded the arlo app to my cell phone (which is a Samsung, bought in Germany) and when I tried to connect my phone to the base station it kept saying 'no device detected'. I do have an American sim-card and cell phone number and I'm in the states and using and US server, could it still be an issue that I do use a Samsung (S7) phone that I bought in Germany?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master
10 REPLIES 10
brh
Master
Master

@Etzi

I don't think that is your problem. Did you purchase this system new, from a friend or is it a refurbished unit?

Brian

Etzi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased it yesterday at best buy - so it is NEW

brh
Master
Master

@Etzi

In the app, can you see your base station?

Try to briefly press on the sync button on the base, (the instructions may say to press and hold for 2 seconds, but that is incorrect), then within two minutes, briefly press on the sync button on the camera. The camera LED should blink blue for a few seconds then start flashing blue rapidly for a little while. When finished, the camera LED should go out. If the camera LED flashes Blue and Amber alternately, the camera is updating its firmware. Do not remove power from the camera until that process is finished.

If that doesn't work, let me know and tell me what the base and camera LEDs did.

Brian

Etzi
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app asks me to choose my arlo device and when I click on base station or Arlo camera it start says 'your device is detected please wait a moment'. But after 4-5 minutes it always says 'no Arlo devices detected'. Tried to repeat many times. No luck.

I pressed the sync button just shortly on the base station - base sation starts blinking green - then I press sync button on camera shortly - camera does have the blue light blinking and then the quick blinking blue light, but then the base station

cam LED goes back to permanent amber.

brh
Master
Master

@Etzi

If you can see the base station on your app, remove any cameras that you can see if there any and then remove the base station and start over. 

Log into the app and on the devices page select add device and add your base back in. After that try to resync the cameras.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Etzi

There is one other thing you can do first. If you see the base on your app click on Add device and follow the instruction to add the base again. If that doesn't work try removing everything like I said in the post above.

I think what has happened is that you may have tried to sync the cameras before the base was added. This put the base in a loop.

Brian

Etzi
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app cannot detect the base - I have no devices on my app.

brh
Master
Master

@Etzi

OK

At least I know why the cameras won't sync and the camera light is amber. The base has to be discovered first. Now we need to see why the base can't be discovered. Let me do a little research.

Do you have a pc or laptop?

Brian

brh
Master
Master
Etzi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Brian

not so sure what I finally did differently - but all a sudden, the lights went on all over - everything works now.

Thank you so much for talking me through. You were an awesome help. Really appreciate it.

Thank you

Etzi